Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Heat Walks Against Me

"Ice age comin',Ice age comin',Throw 'em in the fire, Throw 'en in the fire, Throw 'em on, We're not scare-mongering, This is really happening, happening, We're not scare-mongering, This is really happening, happening, Mobiles squirking, Mobiles chirping, Take the money and run"

Tuesday, February 03, 2004

Today was another day of comfort to me. Actually it wasn't but you'd never know. Just three lessons of school. Discussing the merits of the Battle of the Bulge (Hitler's last offensive of the war), the Great Purges and "The Sick Rose" in English. The afternoon was spent playing rugby at my Primary School (for anyone ignorant of the fact I go into my mum's primary school once a week and do stuff). My second lesson (on the aforementioned Great Purges) was excellent. I successfully argued the 'totalitarian opinion' that Stalin was in fact responsible for the estimated 15 million deaths between 1936-38. My opponent (the Undisputed AAA Jonny) tried the 'revisionist opinion' approach claiming it was the fault of the state and a lack of law and order. I immediately opened the offensive by daring to claim that this 'state' was created by Stalin and therefore was his responsibility. Anyway, it lasted into break and ended without a firm conclusion. Lots of fun. I'm sure I had Jonny on the ropes, but these revisionists get out of the tightest spots you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home