Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Heat Walks Against Me

"Ice age comin',Ice age comin',Throw 'em in the fire, Throw 'en in the fire, Throw 'em on, We're not scare-mongering, This is really happening, happening, We're not scare-mongering, This is really happening, happening, Mobiles squirking, Mobiles chirping, Take the money and run"

Friday, December 10, 2004

What's the point of a CU...?

Although in many cases and for many reasons CU's (particularly in Universities) can be criticized I feel that they do have a positive purpose for their members. A lot of what happens in UWB CU I disagree with, the charismatic 'worship' sessions, choice of speakers sometimes, theological views of some members...

However I am so glad and thankful for my CU, Thursday is the one day of the week other than Sunday when I can escape the constant pressures of secular society and be with like minded (to different degrees) people. I have also found that I have become more tolerant of other Christians views because of my friendships.

CU is not the place I go for spiritual growth, that's will always be my Church, but it is a place where I got to share fellowship with my peers, all of which I love very much.

Yes I do find it irritating that we tend to sing and sing and sing and sing repeatedly the same lines over and over and over again... But at least these people are honest. I've read of people that scoff my brothers and yet do exactly the same thing without realizing it... Or do they?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home