Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Heat Walks Against Me

"Ice age comin',Ice age comin',Throw 'em in the fire, Throw 'en in the fire, Throw 'em on, We're not scare-mongering, This is really happening, happening, We're not scare-mongering, This is really happening, happening, Mobiles squirking, Mobiles chirping, Take the money and run"

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

I have changed my previous stance on the musical merits of Damien Rice. I did think that he was an average, run-of-the-mill, popstar with a guitar. However I now acknoweldge that any musician capable of writing the song 'Amie' is indeed a good song-writer and musician, well worthy of praise. His music has definately grown on me over the last few months. It's all about his use of the cello! Anyone that uses a chello gets full marks in my books :0) slight exaggeration perhaps :) I also find some of his lyrics fascinating, for example, "So why do you fill my sorrow with the words you've borrowed, from the only place you've known, and why do you sing Hallelujah if it means nothing to you?"

"Nothing unusual, nothing strange.
Close to nothing at all.
The same old scenario,the same old rain
And there's no explosions here
Then something unusual, something strange
Comes from nothing at all"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home