Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Heat Walks Against Me

"Ice age comin',Ice age comin',Throw 'em in the fire, Throw 'en in the fire, Throw 'em on, We're not scare-mongering, This is really happening, happening, We're not scare-mongering, This is really happening, happening, Mobiles squirking, Mobiles chirping, Take the money and run"

Monday, November 28, 2005

Musings...

Hamlet is a far easier play to get to grips with than I had previously thought, although the sheer volume of the text is daunting it is very engaging and allows for easy reading- as easy as possible for early 17thC literature. I still wouldn't study it out of choice but then that sentiment is felt for nearly all the plays I have to study on the Shakespeare course. Personally I would only choose to study The Comedy of Errors, Twelfth Night and The Tempest of the plays given- my personal favourite Shakespeare play are: Macbeth, Merchant of Venice, Much Ado About Nothing, Richard II, Taming of the Shrew and (surprisingly??) Romeo and Juliet. Nevermind, I was warned years ago that i would never actually get to do anything I liked at University... a slight exaggeration but sometimes it feels so.

I would like to take some time to present the various sites I visit, those under the heading 'Haunting Grounds' on the right:

Waiting Room Of The World
The home of one of my oldest friends, Jon, a student at St Andrews University in Scotland- a very well maintained blog that is regularily updated with various items of news- usually involving his acaemic area of expertise, theology.

Unbeknown Paedobaptist

Named after a succesful googlewhack I seem to remember... the blogs owner, James, is a friend of mine from CCIW unfortunately James seems to update his blog even less frequently than myself...

Ashes In The Fall
I'm never actually sure whether this is the blogs title or if its You Forget So Easy as the webs title suggests... maybe i should ask sometime. Thom's blog is a very entertaining read whatever the weather and i'm glad to see that he's studying a worthwhile subject...

Student of Life
Bec's brother Caleb- a student at Cardiff University. Again, a very intersting read, whether he's posting on theology, literature or the day as he sees it.... just don't get him on to Doctor Who...

The Zone
My good friend Mark, studying with me at Bangor. We are both former Rathboners and current CU execers. Mark is one of the funniest people I know and one of the best people i've ever met, I would encourage everyone to check out his blog (theres currently a picture of my on there which should provide extra incentive!!)

The Bangor Theologian

Home of Hwee-Chung, also a student at Bangor and Rathboner. Hwee has a grin that would melt butter and is still waiting for me to bake the merangue I promised...

Shared4u
Shared4u is the home of Rob Whiteway, my former youth leader and pastor in the making- check out his weight loss program, it only comes round once a year!!

Listening to now: Echo- Incubus

1 Comments:

  • At 7:22 pm, Blogger Hwee-Chong said…

    Hi Rich,
    I've added a link to your blog on mine. Hwee-Chong (not Chung as you referred to me on your blog)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home